Modern School Supplies
Who We Are
Return to the top
Since 1954, Modern School Supplies, Inc. has served the education market as a leading supplier of high-quality, affordably priced educational solutions and supplies. We believe teachers, parents, and other educational professionals should not have to search high and low for the tools needed to prepare their students and children. Our goal is to ensure we provide the most current products so curriculums are fresh, while maintaining the foundational classics. Education is our most important focus.
Why Modern School Supplies?
Modern School Supplies, Inc. offers a variety of technical and art educational programs set at competitive prices!
- get the best deals from our suppliers and pass the savings directly onto you, eliminating the middle man. We do the price shopping for you, so you do not have to!
- provide customers the opportunity to customize their order! Whether you are trying to furnish an entire school or simply trying to customize classroom kits for students, we can help!
- provide fast, competitive quotes for furniture bids and custom kits. Simply use our RFQ-EZ form to get started.
- support hands-on learning! In addition to classroom tools, we also offer technology education modules, which provide complete educational packages for 10 and 15 day schedules. Each module provides a comprehensive curriculum, includes core technology components, and meets ITEEA standards.
Order Processing Policy
Return to the top
Place your order securely at www.modernss.com. You will receive e-mail confirmation of your order once you have finalized your order. Our Customer Service Department will process your order as quickly as possible.
To speak with a friendly, knowledgeable customer service representative, call us toll-free at 800-243-2329.
Fax your order to 800-934-7206.
Mail orders to:
Modern School Supplies, Inc.
P.O. Box 958
Hartford CT 06143
Send your e-mail order to email@example.com.
- We will accept school purchase orders on Open Account. Our terms are Net 30 days from your date of invoice, unless otherwise specified.
- We also accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
- Personal orders are welcome. All personal orders must be prepaid by check, money order, MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover.
- Connecticut residents please add 6.35% sales tax.
Product Descriptions and Pricing
- Pricing and software versions are subject to change without notice.
- Modern School Supplies is not responsible for typographical or other errors or omissions regarding pricing or product descriptions.
- Graphics in our catalog and on our Web site are for illustrative purposes only. Items may vary in appearance from the graphics shown.
- Occasionally, items in our Web catalog may be on backorder at the time you place your order. All backordered items are shipped as soon as possible
- Due to limited inventory, clearance items may be out of stock and/or discontinued without notice. If adjustments must be made to your order, you will be notified via e-mail or telephone before your order is shipped.
Return to the top
We typically process your order within 1-2 business days from the date it is placed.
Shipping time depends on the shipping method you choose and product availability.
Shipping Methods and Estimated Shipping Times
Orders ship via United Parcel Service (UPS), Federal Express (FedEx) or USPS Priority Mail.
|Shipping Method||Estimated Shipping Time|
|Standard||2-7 Business Days|
|Premium*||1-3 Business Days|
|Express*||1-2 Business Days|
*Not available for P.O. Boxes, APO/FPO Addresses, HI, AK, and PR.
*Orders must be received by 12:00 NOON EASTERN TIME to be processed the same day.
- Business days exclude Saturdays, Sundays and major holidays.
- We ship all orders to APO/FPO Addresses and U.S. Territories via USPS Priority Mail. While most orders arrive in a timely manner, occasionally shipments may take 3-6 weeks.
- Premium and Express shipping methods are not available for P.O. Boxes, APO/FPO, HI, AK, and PR.
- We can't guarantee Estimated Shipping Times. Those are determined by the specific carrier.
Shipping and Processing Costs
- SHIPPING CALCULATION
We calculate our rates per shipment, based on package weight, package size and travel distance.
Orders that contain items that are drop shipped from the manufacturer or items that are oversized will not be quoted shipping charges on the website. Customer Service will contact you with a shipping estimation before your order is processed and before funds are secured.
Backordered merchandise will be shipped complete. This means that all backordered merchandise will be shipped together. We will not ship any of your backordered merchandise until all items are in stock and we can complete your order. When submitting an order that contains merchandise that is not in stock you will be billed for the merchandise shipped and it's applicable ship charges (and any taxes if applicable on those items). Upon shipment of your backordered merchandise, you are then billed for the remaining merchandise and it's applicable ship charges (and any taxes if applicable on those items).
If a backordered item is cancelled we will credit your account the applicable ship charges (and any taxes if applicable on those items).
- You can check your order status online anytime.
- If you haven't received your order in 14 business days, please e-mail us.
- USPS Priority Mail shipments containing larger packages may need to be picked up at the local carrier's facility instead of delivery to your home.
- We reserve the right to change or terminate any shipping offers or specials on any merchandise at our discretion at any time.
- We reserve the right to ship UPS or FedEx Ground or USPS Priority Mail at our discretion on orders where shipping is Free.
We ship to addresses within the U.S. and Puerto Rico. We are unable to ship internationally at this time.
Claims and Returns Policy
Return to the top
- Your order is filled, checked, re-checked and then packed with the utmost care.
- At the time of delivery, verify that the number of cartons shipped is what you received. Check for damage. If a box is dented or damaged in any way, have the driver make a note of it on your delivery receipt. Then contact your customer service department immediately. Trucking companies have a 10-day claim period. If a claim is not made within that period, they will not honor it.
- We gladly accept returns for items that are not shipped as ordered or that are damaged in any way. For these returns, you will receive product replacements and/or 100% credit to your account.
- To return goods that were shipped as ordered, you must pay return freight or postage, PLUS a 20% restocking and handling fee.
- Return authorization from our Customer Service Department is required for ALL returns. To receive a Return Authorization Number (RA), please call 800-243-2329. The outside of your package must be clearly marked with the RA number or it will be refused.
- Returns must be in the original packaging and in 100% saleable condition (damages and defects excluded).
- Special order and non-catalog items are non-cancelable and non-returnable.
- Opened software cannot be returned.
Return to the top
Modern School Supplies respects your privacy. We will collect, store and use your personal information for defined purposes only. We use your information to support and enhance our relationship with you in connection with the processing of purchases, providing service and support, and sharing product, service and company news and offerings with you. We do not sell your information. We do, however, share your personal data as required by law, in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention, regulation, and in the event of legal action or to protect Modern School Supplies, its customers, suppliers or the public. At any time you may contact Modern School Supplies with any privacy questions or concerns you may have. You also may ask at any time to see the data you have given us and request correction or deletion.
In a few areas on our Web site and online customer support tools, we ask you to provide information that will enable us to enhance your site visit, to assist you with technical support issues, to follow up with you after your visit or to enable us to transmit to you newsletters or mailings. It is completely optional for you to participate and you will be able to "unsubscribe" to the newsletters or mailings at any time. If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information.
The information you provide to us will be kept confidential and used to support your customer relationship with Modern School Supplies. Modern School Supplies may, however, enhance or merge your information collected at its site with data from third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to you.
The online store at modernss.com is designed to give you options concerning the privacy of your credit card information, name, address, e-mail and any other information you provide us. Modern School Supplies is committed to data security with respect to information collected on our site. We offer the industry standard security measures available through your browser called SSL encryption. If at any time you would like to make a purchase, but do not want to provide your credit card information online, you may contact a sales representative over the telephone. Simply call 1-800-243-2329.
Please be aware that other web sites that may be accessed through our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. The information practices of those third-party web sites linked to modernss.com are not covered by this privacy statement.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
While we strive to protect your personal information, Modern School Supplies cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.